Utah Transit Authority’s Safety and Education Program provides the opportunity for students and teachers to learn how to use public transportation safely, as well as information about UTA’s system including its different modes of travel: Bus, TRAX light rail and FrontRunner commuter rail.
A commitment by the teacher to present a 20-minute review of safety and educational materials will allow a group of minors and chaperones the use of UTA transit to go on a field trip of their choice. A safety video, documentation and wristbands will be provided to each teacher.
- This is a once per year opportunity.
- Bus: Group limit of 35 people, including teachers, chaperones and students. (If you have more than 35 passengers, please divide into two or more groups.)
- Rail: If your group has more than 50 people, please make sure to enter the exact train times for your departure and return trips (so that capacity can be added to specific trains as needed).
- Plan to request your Safety and Education program at least 15 days before you need to take your trip as adequate time needs to be given to process your request.
Due to Utah Transit Authority’s concern with safety, please make sure you have sufficient adult supervision for the size of your group and emphasize the safety rules.
For more information about our program please send an email to Education@RideUTA.com. Please plan to request your Safety and Education program at least 15 days before you need to take your trip as adequate time needs to be given to process your request. In your email, please include the following information in your email:
- School Name
- Mailing address
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
- Teacher Name
- Coordinator Contact Name
- Number of Student
- Number of Chaperons
- Date of Trip
- Mode of Transportation (Bus, TRAX, StreetCar, FrontRunner)
- Please specify route number, or TRAX Line
- Please specify direction of travel
- Starting Location of Trip
- Start Time of trip. Please check schedule of Bus TRAX or FrontRunner
- Arrival time at destination
- Return trip start time
- Emergency Contact Name for Group
- Emergency Contact Number
Please make sure you have sufficient adult supervision for the size of your group and emphasize the safety rules.