What is DBE?
DBE stands for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. DBE is a Federal initiative to provide opportunities to historically disadvantaged businesses • DBE Certification applies to all Department of Transportation recipients including UTA, UDOT, and Salt Lake Airport.
What are DBE benefits?
- Get an edge in bidding for projects
- Infrastructure funding
- Increasing public transit
- Opportunity to participate on federally funded projects
- Access to a complete directory of certified DBEs for the entire state
- Firms’ information is available to all agencies across the state
How do I qualify?
- Company must be at least 51% owned by one or more people that are socially and economically disadvantaged
- Must be a small business per SBA guidelines
- A firm’s three-year average of annual gross receipts, may not exceed $28.48 million
- Personal Net Worth cannot exceed $1.32 million
- For-profit business
How do I apply?
- Download the UUACP Application and Mail to UTA
Download UUCP Application and Personal Net Worth
Download UUCP Application, Personal Net Worth and UUCP Interstate Application.
Mail it to:
UUCP Certifying Officer
Utah Transit Authority
669 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Contact UTA for an Application Copy
Contact Us for a copy of the application and/or with questions.
What other resources does DBE offer?
- Download the DBE Directory.
Click Here to download the application.
What companies are currently participating?
|Fyve Star||TMM Enterprises|
|LS Gallegos||Mori Consulting|