Our police officers are dedicated to maintain peace and order and keeping you safe while riding UTA services. UTA police regularly patrol trains and UTA properties. The police department has several divisions, including:
- Patrol — this division responds to calls for service and patrols UTA stations and facilities
- Investigations — this division conducts follow-up investigation of the initial reports filed by the Patrol division)
- K-9 — our K-9 dogs are trained to detect trace residue of a wide variety of explosive substances
- Fare Inspectors — these officers are responsible for checking for proof of valid fare payment of the ridership of UTA
Report a Safety Concern or Crime
See Something? Say Something! If you see a safety concern, crime, or another matter you feel needs an immediate UTA Police response, please report it:
- Call 9-1-1 — if there is an emergency, it is best to call 9-1-1
- Call UTA Police Dispatch — to reach UTA Police by phone, call 801-287-3937 (801-287-EYES)
- Text us — send text messages to UTA police at 274-637 (CRIMES). Start your message with UTATIP and then include your message.
If your concern is not urgent, you can report it through this website by clicking on a link below:
UTA Police Goals
Setting high goals helps us to achieve excellence as a police force. Our goals include:
- Excellence in Execution of Customer Service
- Community Engagement
- Training and Employee Development
- Focus on Organizational Diversity
The mission of UTA PD is to represent UTA through positive interactions while keeping the system safe and secure. We do this by strengthening our connections to the community and passengers so they can pursue a fuller life with greater ease while using the transportation system.
Statement of Commitment
To provide safety and security for the transit community and to reduce the perception of crime, the UTA Police department will use best practices, technology and collaborative enforcement strategies to encourage ridership on the UTA system.
Service before self, honor above all
UTA Police Contacts
Chief of Police: Dalan Taylor, 801-287-5513
UTA Police Offices: 127 W. Vine Street
Murray, Utah 84107
Pay a Citation
Do you have a UTA citation? Want to make a payment or take a safety course (if eligible)?
Click the button below.
UTA Police Career Opportunities
UTA police is regularly recruiting qualified officers. Please view our current openings to see what Police positions may be available.